A Seated Practice
[themify_hr color=”white” width=”300px” ]
17th – 24th September 2017
Who will this course benefit?
Anyone can attend this workshop who has an interest in deepening their self practice, or if you are already a teacher, this course will give you tools to add to your teaching skills.
What Happens on this retreat?
- Each day will consist of 6 hours of yoga, rehabilitation, mobilisations, breath work, workshops and an evening of attending a sweat lodge
- We will set some pre course homework to explore before you arrive
- There will also be time for walking, contemplation, resting or visiting the local sites
- 07:30 Tea & snacks
- 08:00 Led class – postures, mobilisations and breathwork
- 10:00 Breakfast
- 11:00 Workshop: Hands-on adjustments, discussion, Q&A
- 13:30 Lunch
- 14:30 Free time
- 17:00 Sequencing & meditation
- 19:30 Dinner
- Bonus: Equinox Sweat Lodge: Thursday 21st, timeless ceremony similar to sauna, emotional & physical cleanse
Our next module, the seated practice, includes
- Sensing the bones and joionts: moving from an awareness of the skeletal body.
- Exploring ways to find comfort and ease in sitting postures.
- Creating the conditions for a buoyant and free spine in seated meditation.
- Learning to prevent and manage injuries to the joints.
- You will reveive a certificate at the completion of the course along with pre-course assignments as preparation for the training.
What do I get for my money?
(17th – 24th September 2017)
Early bird price: £670 (before 21st June, 2017)
(Regular price: £715)
- Accommodation (twin share)
- 6 hours of yoga per day, for 7 days
- Delicious vegetarian food
- Sweat Lodge with a running river close by and incredible nature
- Clear and simple teaching with plenty of hands on guidance and adjustments
(Choose “Check Out as a Guest” if you don’t have a PayPal account)
This year the YHM team are very happy to announce that the next CPD (Continuous Professional Development) intensive will be held at the wonderful Gravito Retreat Centre in Portugal.
Module 3 is called “A Seated Practice“, and we have chosen this beautiful landscape as the land itself holds a very special energy of Transformation.
The owners Shobha and Miguel hold a magical space, incoroporating organic and locally grown vegetarian food to host us with their culinary delights. The land offers us a natural river with a bathing area,an outdoor yoga space, an indoor yurt for practice, luscious walks, a sweat lodge, kanoe trips and access to a river beach close by.
The Accommodation consists of twin-share tipis in lush, green surroundings.
How to get to Gravito?
Nearest airports to Gravito are Lisbon or Porto. It is cheaper to travel from London Gatwick. Here are some links to help you find a flight:
Transport will be arranged from a pick up point at Lisbon or Porto airport at 5 pm to bring you to Gravito on the 17th September.
Taxi charges depend on the size of the group. Hire car options are available at the airport.
Early bird price: £670
(before 21st June, 2017, £715 after)